Future-proof Your Career With Influence
Time & Location
About the Event
Future-proof your career with influence
The role of the assistant is changing constantly and with the increasing advancement of technology, the transactional duties that assistants used to be so efficient at are quickly disappearing.
Is there a future for assistants?
Assistants play key roles in their organisations and as extensions of their executives, it is essential that they are adding value.
Influence is an essential weapon in the skill set of a modern-day assistant, utilising social and emotional intelligence and cross-cultural competence.
This session will cover:
- Exploring what influence is and why it is beneficial.
- The importance of building your network now before you need it.
- Understanding the law of reciprocity and specificity.
- Adapting your style for different audiences and environments.
- Being credible in a corporate environment.
- Maximising your presence.
Paula is an Executive Assistant at the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine (LSTM) working alongside Professor Phil Padfield, Dean of Education.
Paula is a member of the PA Hub, Executive and Personal Assistants Association and the Institute of Administrative Management and is an active member of business networking groups in Merseyside.
An ambassador of the EA/PA profession Paula is keen for EAs and PAs to discuss roles, to share knowledge and to network with business professionals to build business acumen and credibility.